Saturday, October 4, 2008

Some Quotes Worthy of Pondering

Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways.
~Stephen Vincent Benét

Time's flying by, moving so fast
You bettter make it count, 'cause you cant get it back.
~~Carrie Underwood from the song So Small

The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.
~Author Unknown

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.
~Diane Ackerman

Most of us spend our lives as if we had another one in the bank.
~Ben Irwin

For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way. Something to be got through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.
~F. Alfred D'Souza

As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do.
~Zachary Scott

Waste your money and you're only out of money, but waste your time and you've lost a part of your life.
~Michael Leboeuf

And finally one of my favorites:
Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived.
~~ Patrick Stewart, from the film "Star Trek: Generations"

No comments:

Post a Comment