Link to Free E-Book and Warren Smith website
I read, and thoroghly recommend this and all books by Warren Smith, who came out of the New Age religion and has special insight on whats happening in todays churches, especially the Purpose Driven Movement and New Age (or the new way new agers call it to sound more "christianese" for those who completely are lacking in discernment--call it the "new spirituality".
Below are two links to Radio Liberty's 8-25-09 broadcast featuring Warren Smith on Apostasy in the second hour of the 8pm broadcast. HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND LISTENING TO THIS!!!!!!
10/01/09 4pm broadcast and scroll down to 8/25/09
Radio Liberty Broadcast Warren Smith 4pm part II
Rick Warrens "Broad Way" Christianity
Enter ye in at the strait gate: forwide is the gate, and broad the way that leadeth to destruction,and many there be which go in there at --Matthew 7:13
Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me ---Isaiah 54:15
Rick Warren's Purpose Driven movement has , in a relatively short period of time, become what TIME magaizine has referred to as a "Purpose Driven empire"-1 The word empire is defined in the dictionary as "supreme rule: absolute power or authority; dominion" It aslo means "an extensive social or economic organization under the control of a single person, family or corporation" -2 For all intents and purposes, Rick Warren has become the titular head-the almost emperor-like CEO-of an increasingly apostate postmodern church. But while Warren continues to be embraced by much ofthe world and much of the church, it is not too late for people to reconsider their involvement with him and his Purpose Driven movement. Here are ten scripturally based reasons why people with any love of the truth should not involve themselves in Warren's "Broad Way" christianity:
TEN BASIC REASONS
1) Rick Warren's Purpose Driven movement offers a "Broad Way' Christianity. One of the mysteries of the Christian faith can be found in Jesus' warning that the way to life is "narrow" and that "few" would actually find it. Jesus is telling us in advance that the "broad way" ---no matter how well intentioned--is not from Him. With Rick Warren's reformation movement based on deeds and not creeds, everone is invited to partake in this global effort. But biblical principles are watered-down and often cast aside.
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there ve which go in there at : Becasue strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it (Matt 7:13-14)
2) Rick Warren's 'Broad Way" Christianity does not declare "all the counsel of God" Rick Warren teaches only what he wants to teach from the Bible. As a result, there are many important teachings that he skips over, de-emphasizes, and leaves out-particularly in regard to prophecy and spiritual deception. (emphasis mine "Rox")
For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to al the flock, over the which is the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. for I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears. (Acts 20:27-31)
3) Rick Warren's "Broad Way" Christianity does not discern the spiritual signs of the times. Just as the leaders in Jesus' day descerned the weather but not the signs of the times, Warren discerns many of the social and economic problems, but not the spiritual signs of the times.
O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky but can ye not discern the signs of the times? (Matthew 16:3)
4) Rick Warren's "Broad Way" Christianity is ignorant of Satan's devices. Whereas the apostle Paul stated that he and other believers were "not ignorant of Satan's devices," Warren's "Broad Way" Christianity states that Satan's schemes are "entirely predictable"-3 By being ignorant of Satan's devices, this"Broad Way" Christianity has fallen prey to Satan's devices particularly in the area of NewAge/New Spirituality/New Worldview.
Lest Satan should get an advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices (2 Corinth
5) Rick Warren's "Broad Way" Christianity does not expose spiritual evil. Warren's version of Christianity does not sound a true warning about the deceptive spirit world and deception. There is much more to evil than the problems that Rick Warren is seeking to remedy with his Purpose Driven P.E.A.C.E. Plan. We are told to expose false prophets and false teachers, not to study under them, spiritually join with them and further their plans. (emphasis mine)
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness inhigh places (Ephesians 6:12)
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. (2 Tim 3:13) and have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of the darkness, but rather reprove them. (Ephesians 5:11)
For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself tothe battle? (1 Corinth 14:8)
6) Rick Warren and his "Broad Way" Christianity are loved by the world and it's leaders. Jesus loved the world, but the world did not love Him. Jsus warned his followeres they would be hated, persecuted, and even killed by the world--just as the world hated, persecuted, and killed Him. In his compromised effort to reach out to the world, Warren and his "Broad Way" Christianity have become the world.
They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. (1 John 4:5)
Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets (Luke 6:26)
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. (2 Timothy 3:12)
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. (Matthew 10:22)
If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household? (Matthew 10:25)
For what is a man advantaged, if he gainthe whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away? (Luke 9:25)
8) Rick Warren's "Broad Way" Christianity is engaged in a process of ungodly change. Rick Warren describes himself as a "change agent" but in his attempt to change the world, he and his Purpose Driven movement are actually changing biblical Christianity. The Bible warns about those who push for unbiblical and ungodly change. (hmm, what other "leader" of our country has been spewing promises of change--ungodly change--hint initials are B.H.O--parethesis mine--Rox)
My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: and meddle not with them that are given to change. (Proverbs 24:21)
Jesus Christ, the same, yesterday, and to day, and forever. (Hebrews 13:8)
For I am the LORD, I change not, (Malachai 3:6) Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bred, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD (Amos 8:11)
9) Rick Warren's "Broad Way" Christianity is frequently 'double-tongued" and "double-minded. Rick Warren's attempts to seemingly distance himself from the New Age/New Spirituality while simultaneously spiritually aligning himself with New Age sympathizers is "double-tongued" "double-minded" and deceptively self-serving. In the Psalms, David refers to those who speak with 'flattering lips' and a "double heart"
Help, LORD; for the goldly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men. They speak vanity eerone with his neighbor; with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak. (Psalm 12:1-2)
Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongue, not given to mich wine, not greedy filthy lucre; Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience. (1 Timothy 3:8-9)
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. (James 1:8)
10) Rick Warren's "Broad Way" Christianity is "not valiant for truth" Warren has demonstrated, in numerous ways, that he is politically and spiritally expedient when it comes to the truth. His "Broad Way" Christianity plays to the world and embraces the world because it is the world. It does not hold fast to the truth becasue it is not "valiant for the truth"
And they bend their tongues like their bow for lies: but they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth. (Jeremiah 9:3)
If ye continue in my world, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (John 8:31)
THE TIME IS HERE
The apostle Paul preached the importanc of adhering to God's Word. he warned that the time would come when believers would not endure sound doctrine but would find teachers who would tell them what they wanted to hear:
Preach the word; be instant in season, out fo season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffereing and doctrine. for the time will come when they will not enture sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turnedunto fables (2 Timothy 4:3-4)
As Rick Warren's "broad way" Christianity seems to be headed down the 'broad way' of the New Spirituality, it is very clear that his Purpose Driven movement isanything but the "narrow way" that Jesus Christ described in Matthew 7:14.
It is important to understand what is at stake here-the centrality of the Cross as the one and only true Gospel-without which the hope of salvation is lost. Jesus Christ, dying on the Cross for our sins, is the central message of the Gospel. It is the plumb line for ultimately discerning truth from error. But in discerning truth from error, it is essential that we must adhere to all the counsel of God (Acts 20:27)
Jesus is the one and only Savior-the one and only true Christ. Science cannot and will not prove otherwise (1 Timothy 6:20) God is not "in" everything. We are not Christ, and we are not God. What is born of the flesh is flesh. what is born of the Spirit is spirit. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God (1Corinthians 15:50) It is not "as above, so below" (Rox note: see my link to the left on Rick Warrens dominating use of the Message -per-version of the bible by Eugene Petersen entitled The Message: A Mystic Mess--very disturbing and alarming! Rick Warren, Eugene Peterson also endorse heretical books like the The Shack which redifines God in a very unbiblical and heretical light---more "change agents") The apostle John states:
He that cometh from above is above all; he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth; he that cometh from heaven is above all. (John 3:31)
Jesus Christ is Lord. His name is above all names (Phillipians 2:9) He is not the Jesus of the Shack, and He is not the "Jesus' of the New Age/New Spirituality ("Master Jesus" as also he is called in the Message bible and the New Age Movement!!--parenthsis mine-Rox) Most assuredly, He is not the "quantum Christ" of a deceived world and an apostate church.
The apostle Paul describes the simplicity of Christ (2 Corinthians 11:3) According to many of today's spiritual and religious leaders, it has taken humanity 2000 years to finally "get it". They say we need quantum physicists, cellualr biologist, Ph.D mathmeticians, New Age channelers,and emerging postmodern preachers to finally understand what Jesus was trying tell us back in the first century. No, this is not the simplicity that Paul was describing. This is the deceptive work of our Adversary as he tries to transform the creation into the Creator and co-opt God's creation to himself.
Unfortunately, many of today's pstors have forgotten that Satan is the god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4) and that we are to"stand against the wiles of the devil" (Ephesians 6:11) As a result, the church is now catapulting into great spiritual deception.
For those who still rightly divide and depend upon the Word of God, the Bible warns that the coming deception will be so great that most of the world wil be deceived (Revelation 13:13-14) Jesus warned thatHis way is not the broad way but the "narrow way" of continuing in His Word. (John 8:31) And it is His way that leads to eternal life.
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. (Luke 21:28)
For more in depth look into the workings of the "New Age/New Spirituality" and to understand what exactly they believe and its role into the end times deception, that would deceive even the very elect, please read Warren Smiths free e-book Reinventing Jesus Christ: Another Gospel. The link to this free e-book is listed under the column to the left. And finally I implore those who want to learn about these end times deceptions, relating to current events and learn and understand the revelance of the 7 churches spoken of in Revelation---I highly recommend you follow The Book of Reveltion study with Pastor Billy Crone of Niagara Frontier Bible Church. A trusted friend and pastor who also came out of New Age movement 16 years ago on Resurrection Sunday "Easter" you can hear Pastor Crones testimony called GET A LIFE!
His sermons are all viewable for free on the NFBC website. (again links provided) Or if you are interested you can purchase the DVDs or CDs online to help support his media ministry---or you can see me and I will provide you with free copies of any/all of his sermons. There are no copyrights on them, Pastor Billy Crone encourages to share them with friends, family or whomever needs to hear the saving Gospel message. I beg all to start being good Bereans and search out the truth of the Word and not let yourselves be deceived in this perilous times.